Michael T. Shepherd offers a comfortable and confidential environment so the attorney can focus on client management and case resolution.
While practicing law, he has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in civil litigation including commercial litigation, personal injury, trusts and estates, anti-trust, employment law, airplane accidents, truck accidents and construction defect cases.
With over 40 years of experience and mediation training from Pepperdine University School of Law, he has the skill and experience needed to help avoid a trial by resolving disputes through an assisted negotiation process.
He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and is AV Rated with Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Shepherd is admitted to practice before all courts in the state of California, the Central and Southern District Federal Courts for California, the Ninth Circuit Appellate Court, and the Unites States Supreme Court.
From 1996 to 2000, he served as Secretary and Chairman of the Board of Aero Union Corporation Board of Directors and was on the Board of Directors for the Chico Area Park and Recreation District from 1988 to 2000. He also served twice as Chair of the Board and was a Past President of the Board of Directors of the Mediation Center for the North Valley, a non-profit corporation involved in alternative dispute resolution.
In 1995 Mr. Shepherd was honored with a nomination for the “Citizen of the Year” by the Chico Chamber of Commerce.
When you work with Mr. Shepherd, you’ll get the one-on-one attention you need and deserve from a trusted mediator who has a reputation for getting results through Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution - 2010
- Hastings College of Law, University of California, J.D. - 1973
- University of Santa Barbara - 1968
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State of California - January 1974
- U.S. District Court, Southern District - February 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeal, Ninth Circuit - April 1981
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District - February 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court - June 1990
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Member
- Aero Union Corporation Board of Directors - Secretary & Chairman of the Board, 1996-2000
- Chico Area Parks and Recreation District Board of Directors - Board Member, 1988-2000
- Mediation Center for the North Valley Board of Directors - Board Member & Past President
- Chico Chamber of Commerce 1995 "Citizen of the Year" Award